The Rotary Club of Abingdon Vesper’s Dragon Boat Day is a well-established, annual charity fundraising event held alongside the River Thames in Abingdon. This year, it takes place on Sunday 7th September and we are looking to form a team of 20 people to represent ‘Team Footsteps’ in the race. It’s a fantastic team-building opportunity which is fun and a great way to keep fit. No experience or pre-event training is required. All you need to do is raise a minimum of £125 and turn up on the day to join in the fun!
DATE: Sunday 7th September 2014
VENUE: River Thames, Abingdon
- TEAM: We need 20 people for a team (16 people rowing at one time and a drummer in the boat). This means people can take it in turns to do different races.
- The minimum age of a team member is 12 years so you are welcome to ask others to join in on the fun.
- No experience needed – teams are given full safety instructions and a short practice before the races start.
- FUNDRAISING: The cost of the boat is £450 if we enter by April. On top of this each team needs to raise £2000 for charity (one third of money raised will go to the organiser’s charities and two thirds will come to Footsteps Foundation).
Therefore, we need to raise a total of £2,450 which works out at £125 per person. If we can raise more than this, even better! It’s all for a good cause!
- FUN, FUN, FUN!: The day seems to be a real social and fun event, suitable for groups of friends and families. There’s lots going on throughout the day so families can come along and support/cheer on the team. Check out the website for more details.
If you are interested in joining ‘Team Footsteps’ in the Abingdon Dragon Boat Race, please contact email@example.com